Monday, October 20, 2008

covering a wipes case - tutorial

as promised here is a tutorial to covering a wipes case.

supplies:
1 huggies wipes case
2 peices of fabric each 10" x 6"
batting (i use 2 layers of polyester and 1 layer of cotton on the top and 1 layer of each on the bottom)
grosgrain ribbon or your trim of choice
glue gun
scissors

1. lay your huggies wipes case on a piece of paper and trace around it. cut the shape out. this is your pattern.

2. cut your desired amount of batting out using this pattern.

3. pin pattern to your chosen fabric and cut about 1/2 inch away from it.


4. with your hot glue gun, put a couple lines of glue on top of wipe case and place batting on top. (you just need enough glue to make sure it doesn't slip while you gluing the fabric on.

5. open the wipes case. starting with the back of the case glue fabric down ensuring fabric isn't hanging over edge at all.


leave the corners until last. when you are done the back, do the front side. before you start gluing, stretch the fabric around and make sure it will not hang over, if it is too long, simply trim it to the correct length. repeat with the sides of the case.


6.trim the corners slightly (so they don't hang over when glued) and glue down.

7. with the case still open, start at the back and glue the ribbon down a couple inches at a time.continue until all the way around.


8. repeat all of these steps with the bottom half of the case.

9. if anything needs better explaining, let me know!

12 comments:

Stacey said...

Love it...very cute!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Evansons' said...

Hey Angie! I don't know if you remember me, Emily Evanson previously Anderson. We went to EFY way back in the day and I live in Taber and know Kyla! Anyways I just want to tell you that I love looking at your blog, I would give my left arm to be half as creative as you!! WOW!! Anyways just letting you know that I stalk your blog! creepy?

Christine Peterson said...

so cute, how do you do it with a toddler AND a newborn?! ha ha looks awesome

Casey said...

thanks so much! I've been wanting to cover a case

Faerylandmom said...

I found you via Google, and your tutorial is the simplest one I've found. Thanks so much! I can't wait to give my girlfriend hers.

Anonymous said...

found you using google...I've used this tut twice now and both times my cases have come out cute as can be! the directions were simple, exactly what i was looking for! thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

meghna said...

AMAZING IDEA! made one for my nephew! obviuosly yours is better than mine! i loved the cloth you used for yours! thanks so much for the tutorial! i was stumped on what to give him! and we are going in 4 days! yikes!

amchildress01 said...

I found your site through a google search and I have to say your site is by far the best. Your tutorials are amazingly easy to follow. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together for many of us. I've got ya bookmarked! ^_~

MommaCarper said...

I am curious, do you know how to cover the larger wipe cases also??
Thanks so much

Gerri said...

Thanks very much for the tutorial - made one today and looks great for my first attempt :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...