Thursday, October 15, 2009

super saturday and blog change!

i have been asked to do a mod podge class for my ward's super saturday this year. i have been asked to do 3 different projects.

#1 - letters. you can find my tutorial here.

#2 - hanging wall boards. these can be used in so many ways. you can glue a picture in the middle of them, glue a large monogram letter on them, just use them plain as pictured in a square or make 6 for a rectangle. i have also just leaned them against the back of my book shelf and places frames in front of them. love em. i actually did a tutorial for them once but it was somehow deleted. i'll redo it someday...

#3 - little temple blocks for kids rooms. the original idea is from here. it's pretty basic to make these. its just a block cut off of a 4x6. so it measures 5.5 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches. scrapbook paper, cardstock and the pic are all glued down with mod podge. then simply mod podge the entire thing.



fun eh? i love super saturday.
so, i've been thinking about increasing the amount that i blog. i'm sure you're thinking 'you can't even keep up with the only wednesday thing, so how the heck can you do more?' yes, i may just be dreaming right now but i want to give this a go. here's my plan:
recipe monday - i have the longest list of recipes that i want to try. the problem is, it just gets bigger and i never try any of them. maybe if i commit to making one a week and blogging about it, it will motivate me. we'll see how this goes...
crafty wednesday - this will basically stay as is. except , i will actually try to post on wednesday instead of thursday morning.
family friday - i always want to post more about my kids and what we are up to. friday will now be my day to do so. given the fact that this will be my third post of the week it may only consist of a picture or two but i am determined to do it.
wish me luck!
questions:
tonya, i used 1/2 inch thick MDF board, cut to 12x12 inches. i drill a hole in the back to hang it. i bet if you drill a hole and use sticky tack it won't fall. good luck!
the coopers, I will post an official wall board tutorial soon. but basically you make them exactly the same as you do the hanging letters. i use a 12x12 inch MDF board that is 1/2 inch thick.
skye, i just made the picture. i will post it for you to copy and paste right away.
lahni, yeah fabric would be super cute and i think pretty easy too.
meagan, to hang the wall boards i just drilled a hole in the back that was slightly angled up. i also put sticky tack on the bottom corner to hold them straight. to hang them on the wall, i would just use a level and a ruler. and try your best. i'm sure any extra holes will be covered up with the boards any way...unless you really screwed up where the hole should be by like 7 inches. just use sewing pins to hang them up first so then it has small holes. after it is all straight, switch them all to little nails. or get ben to do it, although, that might be more stressful!

16 comments:

Twyla said...

I am so excited to have you post more! I still check almost everyday to see if you may have posted something extra! Your SS ideas are fabulous! I may have to crash yours, when is it?

Lahni said...

I'm so coming to your classes! I want to make those letters with fabric instead of paper, would it be just as easy?

jess said...

cute modge podge projects! i am teaching a nursing cover for our fantastic friday tomorrow! I find that blogging about recipes gets me excited to try new ones on my list! good luck!

Christine Peterson said...

Uhhhhh YES to the posting more! haha. When is our super saturday? freak I'm out of the loop, maybe I should show up to RS sometimes. geez. can't wait

DV-Becca said...

Sounds fun!

Francis Family said...

yay for more family!! You know I love the crafts but I miss seeing your cute little kids. Well I actually have never met Scarlet(sp?)...but someday! Love the mod podge eh. It's great for everything! I like those pictures, I'd like to make those too.

Becky DeVries said...

sounds great!! looking forward to it!

nap time journal said...

I would love to come to your ward super Saturday :) My ward currently does not do one....what that is a first for me!

Great ideas, I am sure the ladies will LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I found this really great website where you can get those wooden letters check out www.wholesalewoodenletters.com I'm sure you would enjoy it and you Super Saturday group. We did this awhile back and everyone had fun.

Tonya said...

Can you tell me what thickness of wood you are using for your hanging wall boards?

I must have saw this on your blog before you deleted it and then could never find it anywhere. I want to do the wall boards in my daughters room with scrapbook paper and using a small calendar of horse pics in the center.
I was going to use 1" pine, but I have been rethinking about it cause my 3 year old might decide to mess with them and I can see it clunking down on her head cause they will be over her bed. Not sure what I am going to do, but love to know what you use. (-:

Love your blog and ideas!

Tonya said...

Nevermind Angie..I found what I needed on the Picture Frame Board tutorial. (-:

Thanks for being so creative!

Melissa said...

I love the letters, i had to make some the other day because your turned out so cute. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation. Hope you start blogging more, i can't wait.

The Harker Family said...

I think I agree with Twyla and may also crash your Super Saturday to attend your class. Well my sister Christine is in your ward anyways, so that counts doesn't it. I'm teaching a Super Saturday class in our ward on how to make baby/girl hair barrettes and hair bows so you can attend mine if you would like! Just let me know. There you go, we can do an even trade! Ha, ha, ha! Oh and if you post recipes every Monday (I think that's the day you said) then I will be checking your blog faithfully (not that I already don't. Ha!) You are the most amazing cook and any recipe of yours that I have tried is to die for, so I welcome recipes from you any day!

Skye and Aaron said...

i love all your ideas! Where did you find the writing and picture of the Temple? I'd love to make those for my kiddos.

The Coopers said...

cute ideas angie! i would love the tutorial for the wall boards those look so cute. Do you think you will have a post up on those again??

Meagan M said...

Ok...how did you hang the wall boards? I haven't hung mine yet because I'm just not sure how to do it. I'm scared of making a million wholes in my wall and then to have them un even.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...