Wednesday, January 27, 2010

seth's quilt

i promised my sister, kyla, i would make her 2 year old, seth, a quilt. well, seth is now almost 3, so you can imagine how happy both kyla and i are that i have finally finished his quilt. here it is.
of all places/people to make a quilt for, a boys bedroom is by far the hardest. it is so hard to find fabrics that are totally "boy" appropriate. there are lots of fabrics that work for baby boys but not so much for a boy over the age of 2. i have turned to solids.

here is a picture of the quilting on the back.

howie has already worn in the quilt for seth. it has been well loved here at our home but i bet it will be even more loved by seth who is currently using his sisters old bedding...which is definitely not boyish.

14 comments:

The Harker Family said...

It is absolutely gorgeous Angie! You are so talented! Love it!

Alison said...

I love it Angie. I bet Reid would love it too....?

Christine Peterson said...

Gorgeous! Love the solid colours

Scrappy Gifts said...

that is awesome! perfect for a boy

bysmallmeans said...

Those circles look great. What’s your secret- appliqué or piecing?

Missy Foster said...

The quilt looks great, lucky Seth! (Luckier Kyla for not having to make it...)

Sew Much Ado said...

It's even cuter than I imagined. I guess now you'll have time to start on Wyatt's quilt. Heehee.

paperseed said...

This turned out great! Very unique and modern and certainly boy appropriate. Lucky little guy!

Riley and Anona Adams said...

I wish I had your talent there Angie, super cute and great job. Maybe we can get together one night and you can walk me through making a quilt....... hahahahaha I don't know if you want to deal with me! Love it though!

Ada said...

Angie, I absolutely love this quilt!! I actually tried to tell you earlier, but I always forget to fill in the word verification box, and then my comments don't get posted. Anyway, I came back to look at it again. Maybe if I start one for Walker, it will be done when he is 3!

Baker Family said...

love it! Are you almost done the one for me???? haha. You're amazing!

真好 said...

朝著既定的目標走,就不會迷失。..................................................

Hieridia said...

do you sell these?? would you sell these? I have three boys and cant find any cute quilts. Other than the dino, plane, or cars i cant find any boy quilts period. Pls tell me if you would be interested in selling two and how much you would price them? Love them too cute!

Kristin Sellars said...

Love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...