Tuesday, July 13, 2010

the best gift

as i mentioned in the last post, i have just returned from young women camp. we pretty much have the sweetest little beehives in our ward. (we had 8 beehives and only 1 laurel at camp.) on sunday, i received the best thank you i could ask for. one of the girls brought a peony from her family's garden along with a handmade thank you card. isn't that so sweet? she didn't even know that peonies are by far my favorite flower. it is now sitting beside my year-round peony on my kitchen table and totally stealing all the attention from old fakey. well, i'm the only one that gives any attention to either anyway, but i'm sure fakey will be happy to know that the new arrival will soon wilt away and she will be back to being center attention. as for now, i am admiring the beauty of this big gorgeous flower and hoping it will hold on as long as possible.
thanks for making my week Liv!

5 comments:

Sew Much Ado said...

That's really sweet. One day I'd like someone to thank me... for something. Maybe I need to do something nice for someone first...

Baker Family said...

Love peonies!!! What a cute thoughtful gift..and so simple. Love it! Hope YW camp was fun.

Christine Peterson said...

What a thoughtful young woman! I love peonies too!

Heather said...

Awww that's so nice! It's funny how one simple flower can make you feel so good!

paperseed said...

Very nice! Peonies have already come and gone from our neck of the woods, but I do love them so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...