Sunday, July 18, 2010

new dining room

a while back i was complaining to my sister kyla about my 5 year old small ikea dining set. i was searching kijiji for an old table and chairs to paint and then kyla so kindly remembered and offered up a old table and chairs that she had in her basement. i was thrilled. although, because the table that she had, had been refinished by my aunt and my mom built a replacement leaf for it i was hesitant to paint it after all their hard work. so i thought i would work around that.

here is a before of the 6 chairs that kyla gave me: ugly, old, DIRTY, stinky chairs...
transformed in to clean, cute and easy wipe-able chairs. i chose a soft gold vinyl for the seats and i was a little nervous about it at first until in got on the chairs, i then knew i made a great decision.
here is a close up of the pedestal on the table. isn't is gorgeous? i am so lucky.

and here it is together in my house. since i have taken this picture i have put a couple things on the wall behind but i am hoping to change that once we have our next camping trip and i will attempt to find some drift wood to put up. i am also making a white table runner right now.
a couple weeks ago i woke up and decided i wanted my home to be whiter and fresher. so i did just that. i pretty much took any accessory that wasn't white and removed it from the room or painted it white. i then took a trip to ikea and bought some new exciting things and voila, i love my home once again! i am still finishing some things up so i will post a couple pics once everything is done. wish me luck!

9 comments:

Baker Family said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how they turned out!!! I am so happy that you decided on that fabric...it's perfect. We'll have to go shopping once I get home...did I tell you I found some chairs and need to put some of the same fabric on the seats. It really looks white and fresh! Love it! Can't wait to see it in person.

Alison said...

Aren't you just a busy little designer these days. I love your new table and chairs. As if Kyla was hiding that gem in her basement!

Christine Peterson said...

Beautiful I love the fabric you chose for the chairs and wipe-able is even BETTER! OK so I think...paint the table, I'm sure your Mom wouldn't mind and furthermore your sister had it in her basement. Think about it, it would be amazing :)

KJAMB said...

I love it Angie!!! The dresser in your previous post is awesome too! Love how white and bright and clean your kitchen looks!

MiniChef said...

Angie I just love the table and chairs. You know, for so many years people discouraged painting the antique wood. They said you had to stain it to bring out the wood's natural beauty. But you know what, the paint makes both of them look just STUNNING! I love it so much. Online Marketing Plan I have a large, 100 year old dresser with a bevelled mirror on top. It is going to get a new paint job :-)
Peggy

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

love the white..so fresh and so clean...
gave you an award at my blog

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Maria said...

simple and beautiful

Deni. said...

Ficou lindooo seu trabalho!!! Aliás todos são belos,parabéns abraços.

Manasi said...

Hi Angie! This is my first time at your blog and I loved it. I have never done any DIY projects but would love to refurbish the ugly chairs I have exactly the way you did it. (I want to make my home whiter, too. :) Will you share the step-by-step approach, please? Believe me, I don't even know where to start and which products to use. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...